11.01.2007

Getting Prettier... (Part Three)

And now for the brows... Brows are very important, but often overlooked. The brows frame the face, so make sure they look beautiful! Would you hang a beautiful piece of art on your wall with a tacky, busted up frame?  Of course not!  Do those brows!

I'm a serious believer in NOT over plucking, but having a clean, nicely arched brow.

First step... tweezing. You MUST have a great pair of tweezers. As far as I'm concerned, nothing will ever beat a set of Tweezerman Slant Tweezers.


Check out the fun designs they are coming up with!

Next, it is time to fill in, and define the brows. For awhile now I have been using Stila Brow Set with a slant brush.


And then setting the brow with M.A.C. Brow Set in clear, using a disposable mascara wand.


I have also recently found a new brow product that I am really loving. It is the LORAC Take a Brow (tee hee).


Not only does each kit come with two brow powders, it comes with a really cool brow wax that I am loving right now! Carol Shaw does it again!

Now for eye colors... I don't want to get too detailed with this, because honestly, I could go on forever and ever and ever. I'm a big fan of eye make up. You're eyes are supposed to be the window to your soul, so accentuate them!

I will tell you a few things... I don't believe in priming the eye lid with foundation. I think, if anything, this causes more creasing. Prime the lid with a nude shadow, it works much better.

My favorite kinds of eye shadow, in no particular order are...





Stila (although you have to be very careful with them, as they tend to break)






and


My favorite eye liners are...

Chanel Automatic Liquid Liner (A favorite of Lily Allen and Paul Starr.  I would also nominate this for a Nobel prize for make up, if such a thing existed...)


M.A.C. Eye Kohl (I love how BLACK the color "Smolder" is, and I love the texture of this liner. It is soooo blend-able!)


Lancôme Le Stylo Waterproof (again, very blendable and has a great powdery texture)


And last, but certainly not least... M.A.C. Fluidline (great colors and can also be used as a shadow if you're feeling adventurous)

Open those eyes!  Curl those lashes!
I recommend the shu uemura lash curler.


The M.A.C. full lash curler is pretty great too!


As for lashes, my favorite individual lashes are shu uemura flare lashes.

At $15 they are pretty pricey. If you're not willing to spend that much, the Ardell flare lashes are nice too.


As far as strip lashes go, I prefer the cheapies! My favorites are Ardell #116.


All of the Ardells are pretty great though!

Now for mascara... If I've ever done your make up, if you've seen me do make up, if you've just been in the same room with me, you know what I'm about to say... Lancôme Hypnôse!!!!


I love it, I swear by it, I stand by it, it's the best... what more can I say? Of course there are other great mascaras... this is my favorite!

To be continued...

<3
Amy

2 comments:

Arianna said...

hahaha nobel prize for makeup, i love this blog.

Arianna said...

hahaha nobel prize for makeup, i love this blog.