11.07.2007

Confessions from a Real Girl

Ok, so... I have a confession to make.  I've never seen The Notebook. I know, I know... I should probably be officially fired from being a girl. It's not that I didn't want to, because I did. It just never happened...

Well, I am going to put that at the very top of my Netflix queue now because last night I saw the most amazing movie, Lars and The Real Girl.


The reason why I was so interested in seeing this movie is because awhile back, my friend Eleni told me about this crazy BBC documentary called Guys and Dolls (that's a link to watch it for free, btw). It is about these men that have real dolls as their actual companions! It was such a trip! I made all of my friends watch it.

The writers of this movie (or film or whatever) HAD TO HAVE seen this... 

Ryan Gosling was so amazing in the movie (film?), you guys! You have to see it. His performance was earth shattering.


All of the performances were totally great. I was especially impressed with Kelli Garner. She's such a stunning girl,


and she was fantastic in The Aviator.


I was so shocked to see her looking so homely (but still really cute) in this movie.


That takes a lot of guts for a young Hollywood starlet, and I was so impressed she went for it and gave such a sweet, honest performance.

At the theatre, I saw the BIGGEST lobby card ever made for a movie I'm totes looking forward to, Sweeny Todd (check out the trailer here).


I love the Tim Burton/Johnny Depp/Helena Bonham Carter trifecta. Tim Burton's visuals are always so stunning and I'm really looking forward to Sacha Baron Cohen's performance!  (Not to mention, some stunning make up by Ve Neill.)

That doesn't come out til Christmas, but the next movie I have to see is Control.


If I don't see it soon, I might explode.  I'm dying for it!

Well, things are a little slow now because of the Writer's strike. Most of the chat shows are off the air, which means actors and musicians are canceling a lot of press. I hope the writers and producers can make it back to the table and work out something fair really soon. It's amazing how something like this really affects so many people in this town, from make up and hair to dry cleaners, caterers, and restaurants. Just about everyone I know here in LA is feeling the fall out, including a few people close to me that work for the chat shows. Everybody keep your heads up!

<3 
Amy 

P.S.  Are any of you going to be lining up to get your hands on some Cavalli for H&M tomorrow?

3 comments:

audrey_marshall said...

I saw that movie over the weekend and adored it! Ryan Gosling is amazing.

I never would have guessed that the girl was the same in both pictures.

Amy Chance said...

I think I'm going to see it again soon with my fiance! He HAS to see it!

Edge said...

The Notebook really is a good flick. My kids saw it three times before getting me to watch it. I cried like a girl. I'm also looking forward to Sweeney Todd! It looks like it's going to be a lot of fun! I've yet to see Lars and the Real Girl, but it's on my list of movies to see!