2.02.2008

Dumb, Just Like A Genius

Today was fun.  I got to put really cool make up on my friend Mercedes Helnwein for a cool portrait series I'm involved with.  Mercedes is an amazing artist.  You should totally check her out.  This is my favorite drawing of hers.  


She also has a book coming out called The Potential Hazards of Hester Day.


AND she just art directed this video for a band called Love Lies Sleeping, and it is based on her art work.


This girl is no joke and I'm proud to call her a friend of mine...

After that, I painted up Brendan Fowler to look like a dog... More on that later. 

After that, Annie and I went to see our friend Eugene's band, Autolux play a sold out show at the El Rey.


Ice Cube would say Today Was A Good Day.

<3
Amy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a DRAWING?? Amazing! I thought it was a treated photo.

Beatrice Neumann said...

Ice Cube asked me to tell you he says hi.
Dude Mercedes rocks, I've been into her dad's work since I was little ... I'm a real Helnwein spaz and I can prove it.