11.01.2007

Whole lot of Pretty going on! (Part Four, the conclusion!)

Now on to cheek color... I am not a big fan of contouring unless absolutely necessary! Stripey cheeks = yuck! My theory on cheek color is that it should mimic your natural flush. I try to stick to the apples of the cheeks! I'm a big fan of cream blushes, as well as powder blushes... Here are just a few of my favorites...

Stila Convertible Color (you can use it on lips as well...)

(I know this was designed with contouring in mind... Let's just say I prefer to "layer" the colors... shhh!)




I'm also really looking forward to trying...

mark. Be Scene Blush Crème Cheek Color


And on to bronzer... Proceed with caution Ladies (and gents...)... Bronzer is not for everyone!

My favorite bronzer of all time (and possibly my most prized make up posession) is my Tom Ford for Estee Lauder bronzer.


It is beautiful beautiful BEAUTIFUL! Tom Ford is the man. My friend Rebecca and I were talking about Tom Ford just the other day and she said "How does one man have so much taste?" My answer.. "I just don't know!" It's pretty ridiculous. He is my hero.
As I've mentioned in a past blog, this collection was extremely limited and is no longer available. I see them pop up from time to time on eBay, but the price is not for the faint of heart.

But back to Benefit... They make two really great bronzers.... Dallas


and Hoola


Dallas is a bronzer/blush combo, and Hoola is a matte bronzer.  Both are fantastic and I highly recommend them!

Now for the lips...
Let's talk about lip liner... I'm not a fan. I use it when I have to, but again, this is somewhere to tread lightly...  Overdrawn lips with obvious liner can be a real bummer!

M.A.C. and Stila both make excellent lip liners. I'm sure other lines do, as well...

Lips Lips Lips...
I love it all... lipstick, gloss, stains... love it... Here are a few of my faves...

Chanel...
My Chanel Lipsticks


are also among my prized make up posessions.  The colors are so beautiful and the textures are so rich!

The formula of Nars Lipsticks is absolutely magical.


A lot of my music clients love these because when they are performing, it doesn't get "gummy".
My Nars lip palette is also among my favorite things in my kit.

Scott Barnes Lip Slick is an amazing product.


The colors are beautiful. Scott Barnes is a make up genius.  He brought the nude glossy lip back into fashion with the looks he did on Jennifer Lopez, and now you can have that look as well.

M.A.C. Lipstick


They are all amazing. A lot of thought and attention has gone into the formulas. They have great texture, pigment, and even taste!

And let's not forget my favorite lip plumper, City Lips!


Finish off your look with DuWop Revolotion.


It evens out your skin tone and gives it a nice shimmer. It smells great too!

Another great body make up suggestion is Body Bling by Scott Barnes.


This, too, is something he created whilst working for Miss J Lo.  She always looked amazing when he was working with her and now he's sharing his formulas with us!

I hope you've enjoyed my product suggestions! I look forward to hearing what you think, and what your favorite products are!

In the coming weeks I will be highlighting my favorite brushes, and giving you a peek inside my make up kit!

<3
Amy

No comments: